MediDSS is a cloud Clinical Decision Support System developed by Medilogy, based on Duodecim EBMeDS, an inferential engine, which brings Evidence Based Medicine into practice by means of context-sensitive guidance at the point of care.
MediDSS may be used as stand-alone application (like a light EMR) or may receive structured patient data from Electronic Medical Records (EMRs). MediDSS returns reminders, therapeutic suggestions and diagnosis-specific links to guidelines.
EBMeDS is developed by Duodecim Medical Publications Ltd, a Finnish company owned by the Finnish Medical Society Duodecim. Both the association and the company have a long-standing collaborative relationship with the Cochrane Collaboration, the GRADE Working Group, the Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) and the publishing company Wiley-Blackwell.
- Guides and improve the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- Warns about potential mistakes and enhances the safety of patients
- Prevent the pathologies complication of patients not subject to follow-up or clinical checks
- Saves time by not having to enter patient data in clinical modules or computers
- Provides to physicians reliable clinical knowledge and patient- related information directly at point of care
- Suitable for analytical and research purposes, such as data mining from populations